There are many benefits of choosing to cycle to work over taking public transport or driving including cost-saving plus the numerous health benefits.
If you’re looking to make your cycle to work more interesting, here are some helpful tips to make your time on the saddle that much better.
- First, make sure you know where you’re going on your bike. It may be more efficient to go a different way on a bike than you would in your car. Especially if there are any parks near you and in between your destination, it may be that much easier to go through them than around.
- Have a coworker that lives near you? Schedule to ride to work with them and have someone to talk to on the rides to a from work.
- Once you get comfortable with the route and being on your bike, consider listening to a podcast or music on low volume. You still want to be able to hear the roads and traffic around you and stay focused.
- Make sure you’ve got somewhere on your bike you can put your things. If you’re bringing a briefcase or a bag with you, get some carrier bags that it can fit into so you aren’t impeded by anything on you.
- Time out your route on a weekend so you know roughly how long it will take you to get from home to work. Leave extra time as well so you don’t feel rushed in the morning and you’re not getting to work sweaty or out of breath.
- Switch up your route after a month or so, get some new scenery and views around you as you ride to keep things fresh in your ride.
There are tons of different ways to make your commutes that much more fun and being outside in the sun, enjoying the wind in your face is one of the few things I think we can all look forward to getting back to soon.